Friday 30 October 2015

Story Of An Otter

Early in the morning at about 6.00 am , my mother gave me a cuddle and woke me up. I refreshed myself in the cool Buloh Besar River.

My father gave me fresh catch of fish from the river, and my breakfast is complete. As usual me and my brothers started playing by the riverside. We played Hide And Seek, running and catching, and later we were tired and our parents groomed us.

It was noon and the Visitors started filling the wetland reserve.''The Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve” ,is one of the Biggest wetland reserves in Singapore.Sungei Buloh was first opened as a Nature Park in 1993.  And in 2003, Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve became Singapore's first ASEAN Heritage Park.

And my family wre shifted here by the wildlife conservationist in the year 2005. We were extremely happy as we were going to discover a new home. A lot of relatives of us are in places like Singapore Zoo, Bishan Park in the banks of the Kallang River.We are very much happy to live in a peaceful environment like Sungei Buloh together with various species which shows the diversified nature of Sungei Buloh.


Our daily life was happy but the best was on a Thursday when we met our friends from Yuvabharathi. They were on their trip to gain some information for their project on Conservation of Organisms. Well it was indeed a useful trip for them and gained knowledge.The Class students of 10th and 9th had paid their visit.
The students had come there for their Inter Disciplinary Thematic project.They discovered the flora and the fauna of the wetland. Me and my family were happy to see the innocent faces that discovered the diversified world. Also they jotted down the exciting information that was writtem about all the species in the information boards. But to our surprise they were surprised to discover the two of the species which is prominent in the reserve. It was not us but it was the Mudskippers and Monitor Lizards. Me and my family have maintained a good relationship with the Monitor lizards and the mudskippers. Both of them are very good friends of us. We all are living peacefully and happilly in the Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve with other friendly Animals. I request the student to Let us live with the same peace through out our lives because we indirectly and directly depend on each other in many ways !


No comments:

Post a Comment