Wednesday 27 January 2016

STORY OF MY SURVIVAL

I am Dino, the rabbit. Yes, that’s right, I’m a rabbit. Now you’d probably be wondering how I, being an animal talk. Well I learnt it from two little girls who came near my forest two weeks ago.  They had come here for a hunting expenditure, something their parents were very fond of.  It so happened to be that one day, my friends and I were going to the pond, to take our morning shower then we suddenly heard a shooting sound. We all got scared and rushed to the cave next to the waterfall, a place we could hide. 


When we reached the cave, we heard someone cry; we went in and found out that it was actually two little girls. They looked very scared. We talked to them and found out they happened to get lost in this forest.  We consoled the girls till the shooting noises were no more heard.  We later took them to our hut and gave them food and shelter.  We soon became good friends. They even taught me English. One day when I was having dinner, I suddenly heard gun shoots, again.  And then everyone started running around. It was a sudden rush.

There was fire everywhere. We all lost our home. I somehow managed to escape from there. I hid behind a huge rock. I spent the whole night there. The next morning, I went back to my hut and found out that everyone and everything was in ruins. My friends and family were no more. I was the only one left of my species. I didn’t have anything left. Then I noticed this small bracelet lying on the floor. That bracelet looked familiar. And suddenly I realized that it belonged to Anna, one of the human girls, I was with. Then I also saw some footsteps on the ground so I decided to follow them. On my way, I heard someone screaming and when the view became clearer, I saw Anna & Scarlet arguing with a middle aged man & woman .I guess the man and woman were their parents. They didn’t see me so I just hid behind a bush & overheard their conversation. The man was explaining his daughters that needed to clean up this place by killing the animals living here in order to construct factories. Both, Anna & Scarlet had tears in their eyes and they were trying to convince their parents to stop this cruelty & to not destroy the habitat of innocent animals. But their parents didn’t listen and they spotted me. The man picked up a gun and pointed it at me. His daughters tried to stop him but he pushed them away. Now, I was sure that this was the end and I was going to die. So, I closed my eyes but the bullet didn’t hit me. When I opened my eyes, there was a police inspector arresting the man. That inspector was literally my savior. Anna & Scarlet came and hugged me tightly. That’s how I survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment