Monday 25 January 2016

Animal Murder

Here I am going to my boring workplace. This was going to be one of my regular boring days. As I was walking down the street, something was going on. People were murmuring about something. When I asked a pedestrian about this, he told me that it was about a highway that was going to be built in the town. At first I too felt happy that a highway was going to be built so that I can go to work faster. But I thought where is the place to build a highway in this congested town. Soon I realized that they were going to build the highway through the forest which was the only greenery in the town. So I went to collect more details about this highway. I found out that they were going to cut down the forest and build the highway through it. So I immediately informed about this to my manager, I also told him about the consequences we would face if we destroy the only forest in town. But my manager did not care about this. I tried telling this to the public, but no one cared as the highway benefitted all the people in town.

After 5 months the highway was completed successfully. Soon many cars started to storm the highway. Since the highway took up a lot of space most of the individual houses were brought down and apartments were built. Due to this more waste was being produced and this caused more pollution. All the cars on the highway started producing more smoke. On top of this there were frequent animal attacks in the town as the animals lost their habitat. The people in the town were now living a life of terror. People lost their happiness and were scared of more animal attacks. But still people did not come to their senses, they still did not know what was cause of this destruction.
Finally one day all the animals starting from a deer to a lion stormed into the town. People were panicking in the town. While I was running for my life I saw many people being eaten or injured by many animals. Then I saw members of the press in the middle of this chaos, filming it. Then I without any shame went to the camera and stared screaming. Since this was a live coverage and this was being telecasted on a huge screen in town, people started listening to me. I told them that until this highway is in this town we will not live happily. Due to the loss of their home animals started living with us and we all know how their form of living is. So to get back our lives we should destroy this highway. Those in favor of me, come with me let’s get our original lives back.

 Soon a mob of people came with me to the municipal’s office. We told the mayor about everything and we asked him to remove the highway. In three months the highway was removed faster than it was built. The people then got their lives back and lived happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment