Sunday 1 November 2015

A Diary Entry Of Polar Bear

November 1,2015
Wednesday
9.30pm
Dear diary,
My parents and myself were lived happily on a small island in Antarctica.Antarctica is a really cold place with temperatures reaching up to -89C.We survive their throughtout the year as we have a thick layer of body fat and a water-repellant coat that insulates us from the cold air and water.This is how we keep ourself warm.We and other different species like penguins, all live in harmony as one.
Today I had the bitterest experience of my life My friends and myself went hunting in search of food.It was a windy day.We all got seperated into different groups to search for food.After a few minutes the weather worsened and became difficult to walk. Suddenly I heard someone screaming and I went to look as to what happened.After reaching the scene,I was shocked as the iceberg where my friends were hunting, started submerging into the sea.I went to ask for help. But it was too late and my friends submerged into sea. I cried a lot. My friend were very close to me and I felt really bad as I could not rescue them. In antarctica falling of iceberg has become really common. Before we were really safe and secure. But after humans reached our island they created huge buildings and research centres for scientific purposes. Icebergs are not that strong. If buildings are made on it the strength of the iceberg to remain in its place weakens and it easily breaks. Due to these problems most of the polar bears have died. Today the polar bear is considered as one of most vulnerable species and is on the verge of becominig extinct. Global warming, illegal killing of animals etc. are the main(grave) reasons for decrease in our population.
If these factors continue to expand, then that day won't be far when we become extinct. To avoid this humans should avoid damaging our habit and disturbing other creatures too living here. Global warming should also be stopped to  prevent damage.We are an important part of the food web too.If we are not conserved and protected the food chain will be disturbed leading to further problems in the future.These days to prevent our depletion different countries have kept us in protected sanctuary for us to survive peacefully and increase our population.We all are thankful to the environmentalists and conservatives who have great love and concern for us.

Lovetanish the polar bear

No comments:

Post a Comment