Sunday 1 November 2015

Auto-Biography Of An Pencil


I have had a lot of pleasant memories in my life. My life started happily with  my friends and family members. I was just a small piece of wood and there were other three similar wood pieces which were considered to my brothers. I had lot of visions and dreams about my future which were perceived by my brothers and my mother earth. Since they knew what is life all about they advised me that anything can happen to the creatures like me at any time. But all my hopes were shattered when a person(woodcutter) entered into the forest where I lived. My brothers have warned me several times regarding this and I still continued to live in the valley of shadows of fear. One unpleasant day, It so happened that the woodcutter found us grown prosperously and he wanted  to use us for different purposes.  At that moment, nothing dawned into my mind else than being made into a boat in which the newly married couple could have a pleasant journey or being made into a small gate which would be the receptionist for the guests who enter into a beautiful house. But I really missed my brothers since they left me. I was cut and packed into boats and I underwent a sea voyage. It was something unusual than I have had before.

I just closed my eyes hoping I would not remember anything…. after a few months of voyage we reached a DARK CONTINENT filled with grazing lands and pastures like the paradise in my home forest. I was tightly packed with other wood pieces and we were taken to a pencil industry and I guessed what my fate would be. I moaned about my future. Have I not done them enough? Was there anything more I could’ve provided them? Yet why don’t they appreciate all this?
The next minute, I found myself being processed in a machine.         I also found many of my friends undergoing the same situation. Consequently, we were transported to a stationary shop where we could find small children tormenting their parents to buy them attractive stuffs. The humans here looked different from how they look in our native land. It was then that I realized that I had landed in Africa. I found a tiny little native girl, quite a bit different from the girls of her age. I wished to be chosen by her since her curiosity sparked me. As she neared me, she chose me and that would be the best moment of my life. She took me to her house which was a small hut. I knew this is the beginning  of my new life as a pencil…….

No comments:

Post a Comment