Sunday 1 November 2015

Cute In Search Of Route

Known as a charismatic and unique creature
I am called the giant panda
And I am the national symbol of China
I look like I’m out of a black and white movie
Dark circles around my eyes 
Make me look like I haven’t slept for centuries.
We communicate with each other fairly often,
Mostly by vocalization and scent marking
We mark our routes by spraying urine,
Clawing tree trunks,
And rubbing against object.
Dwelling in the forests of southern and eastern China,
Some pockets of Vietnam and Myanmar.
But my habitat is now dwindling.
99 percent of my diet is bamboo
And the remaining percent is meat
This reliance on bamboo
Has made me and my friends 
vulnerable to extinction
The expanding human population
Has led to the decrease in ours
Their cruel deeds and our habitat loss
Has marginalized us
And now we seek shrinking refuge
Now I am termed as an endangered species
Affected by habitat loss and fragmentation,
Low birthrate both in the wild and in captivity
We are suffering
It is the duty of you humans
To save our world
We can help you in many ways,
By spreading seeds and expanding vegetation
In China’s bamboo forests
We are the basis of survival for local communities
And we are also culturally and economically valuable
But this can only happen if you help us
So let’s make a mutual agreement
You conserve us
And well make this world a better place.






No comments:

Post a Comment