Sunday 1 November 2015

The Last Straw – A Leaf


Gently as i sway,
I reminisce a serenade of memories,In the violent wind, away,
I’ve had had on that branch,
That branch which carried me through thick and thin.
Little did I know, that the gentle sound of the approaching boots would mark my last day in history.
Little did I know, that the ascending thwack of the axe would soon smash my heart into smithereens.
Gradually as I descend down onto the ground, the resonance of memories return,
With more striking features and a commanding presence.
Little did I know, that these would be the last moments on my realm of fantasy and reality.
Little did I know, that with one final ‘thwack’ of the axe, my lifeline would come to an end.
Gently as I sway,
In the violent wind, away,
I hear my kind, my own kin, crying out
As I stood there helplessly, waiting for “my turn” to come.
Hanging on the branch, cherishing our final moments together,
For the fear of the unknown had made us numb.
We feared for the very existence of mankind,
Ignorant as they are,
Little do they know, that they are the cause of being endangered.
Little do they know, that by cutting us down, they cut down their life.
Lightly as I sway,
In the violent wind, away,  
I inbreathe every last inch of my life,
Craving for all those moments I’d lost,
Never can I retrieve them,
Nor can I bury them.
I can only relive them, cherish them, and treasure them.
Eventually, the sun is set to rise,
It may be late, but mankind will soon come out of oblivion and learn their horrendous crimes against nature,
Which will have led to their own destruction…

No comments:

Post a Comment