Sunday 1 November 2015

THE LAMENT OF A SAD LONE ROSE


                 

                 I lie there perched on a lone branch
                  Lone like me; In the grey month of March
                  No Birds chirping
                  No gay hearts singing

                   Blissful summer mornings gone forever
                   My alluring red petals will never
                   Blossom again
                   My world is nothing but a bargain

                   Tall buildings towering over me
                   But no one bothers to see
                   A sad lonely rose
                   A world of chaos

                   A two legged soul
                   creeps up to me; cold
                   air I feel
                   It plucks yet another petal peel
             
                   I am thrown into the dry barren ground
                   I see concrete all around
               and suddenly i feel afraid
                I do not feel safe.
                                                                                                               How can i?
                                                                                                         When the world is at stake
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment